Last Minute Mother’s Day Ideas
1.A personalized gift filled with little things that she loves. Put your own gift basket together. Grab some of her favorite things; coffee, candy, wine, chocolate, throw in a gift card or two (nail salon, clothing store, online, ect), bubble bath, hand selected jewelry, items for her favorite hobbies (flower seeds, recipe book) – be creative, find small picture frame and print out the most recent photos of you and her (or even a baby pic). Throw it all in a basket, or maybe a decorated shoe box, and tie it with a bow.
2. Give her the gift of time and effort: clean her car, cook for her, do her laundry. She did, after all, most likely do all those things and more for you.
3. Sign Mom up for a fruit- or cheese-of-the-month club, Coffee Club, or buy her a share in the local CSA. A grocery-inspired gift will save her time and money all year long. Mistobox Coffee Club is a popular pick!
4. When choosing edible gifts, go for things that are both delightful and practical. A beautiful fruit basket or batch of homemade granola are sure to please.
5.FOR THE DYI PEOPLE: Make your own creative flower arrangement.. An idea we found on google.
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- -Fake flowers of your choice & color
- -Can of white spray paint
- -Paper mache letter
- -X-Acto Knife
- Using the X-Acto knife, carefully cut the top of the paper mache letter off. Remove the cardboard filling so the letter is empty.
- In a well-ventilated area apply 2-3 coats of spray paint to the interior and exterior of the paper mache letter, letting each coat dry approximately one hour.
- Once the paint is dry, remove the flowers from their stems and cut any remaining stem pieces so the bottom of the flowers are flat.
- Apply a small glob of glue on the bottom of a flower and place the flower in the paper mache letter. Press and hold the flower down for 15-20 seconds to let the hot glue cool slightly. Repeat this step until your letter is filled with flowers!
- If you have empty spaces in your letter, you can fill them using individual petals, smaller flowers, or the leaves on the stems of the flowers. Just place them where you would like and apply small globs of hot glue to hold them in place.
- Let all of your hot glue dry completely and voila
6. Send a massage service to your mothers house, or buy her a gift card to schedule her own. Zeel.com services the majority of the U.S.
7. Schedule a date with your mom and take her to do something she’s never done before. Purchase a gift card, pre-pay, or reserve the date, print out your confirmation, and put it in a self-made card, purchased card, or jewelry box.
- Some ideas:
- Paint balling day
- Find your nearest helicopter ride tour
- Day at the arcade
- Bungee jumping
- Sky diving – indoor or outdoor
8. If you are really stuck, sometimes simple is best. A list of reasons why you love her. Fill a decorated Mason jar — or even just a box — with messages about what you love most about Mom. Or stuff it with your favorite memories of Mom. Every day she can pull out a piece of paper and get a reminder as to how much she’s loved.
Another idea is to ask everyone in the family to take five minutes in the next two days to email you a few sentences about a cherished memory of mom or a reason why they love her. Print them out, fold them and tuck them into a mason jar or another container. Add a bow and present it to mom with the admonition to pull one out whenever she needs a lift.
It will be a gift that gives all year long.